Google Translator

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Limericks

Limericks are special poems that have five lines. They are usually funny.

If you clap the rhythm of a limerick, there are:

  • three claps for the first line,
  • three claps for the second line,
  • two claps for the third line,
  • two claps for the fourth line, and
  • three claps for the fifth line.

The first, second and fifth lines rhyme with one another. The third and fourth lines rhyme with each other, but not with the other three.

Below is a limerick. The fourth line is missing. Think of a line to fill in the gap.

There once was a man who said "Look!"

Someone's stolen my library book

I had it just here

____________________________________

That one of you folk is a crook!

9 comments:

  1. In my opinion i think the missing line should sound like this,
    There was once a man who said "Look!"
    Someone's stolen my book I had it just here
    When I feed my dog fur it told me that one of you folk is a crook!

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, My Anaswer is::

    There once was a man who said "Look!"
    Someone's stolen my library book
    I had it just here
    And My Mind Was Clear...____________________________________
    That one of you folk is a crook!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. There once was a man who said "Look!"

    Someone's stolen my library book

    I had it just here

    And now I'm in tears

    That one of you folk is a crook!

    This is by :
    Goo Wey

    ReplyDelete
  4. There once man who said "look."
    Someone stolen my library book.
    I had it just here.
    I had it on my ear.
    That one of you folk is a crook.
    (Shi Ming)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think ,
    There once was a man who said "look."
    Someone stolen my library book .
    I had it just here .
    Next to my beer.
    That one of you folk is a crook .
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms Teo , who got the highest marks for the ENTIRE english CA1 paper ?
    renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wah.....Easy!Fiona!(LAME ME!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PHYLLIS SOO HUI MIN (30)13 March 2010 at 14:23

    I think that the answer should be ,

    There once was a man who said look
    Someone stolen my libary book .
    I had it just here .
    And my mind is clear ,
    That one of you folk is a crook !

    ReplyDelete
  9. There once was a man who said look
    Someone stolen my libary book .
    I had just here . A now it has dissapeared! That one of you folk is a crook !.

    ReplyDelete